THE CHALLENGE: MAKE IMPLANTS (NOT SURGERY) WORTH SHOUTING ABOUT
GC Aesthetics wanted to develop a social media campaign around their flexible
cohesive gel implants, to promote the multinational brand to a target
demographic of international plastic surgeons.
- Generating engagement from the target demographic was challenging, as there were not yet great numbers using social platforms
- Plastic Surgeons tend to engage with peers rather than brands
- Competitors’ content was uninspiring, frequently focusing on conveying facts already known to their target demographic
- Engagement with a medical device would require a lighthearted call-to-action that did not minimise the risks of cosmetic surgery procedures in accordance with Best Practice advice from the General Medical Council
- Any initiative would need to rely on user-generated content or would not be effective.
THE STRATEGY: GAMIFY & CONQUER
Upon learning that the implant could be twisted, we saw an opportunity to promote the product’s USPs by using the hashtag as a verb, and created an interactive social campaign inspired by Chubby Checker’s ‘Twistin’ Round the World.’
Due to the flexible nature of the product, we suggested an homage to the film Amélie – whereby the IMPLEO implant itself would star in the campaign, going to cultural attractions around the world and showcasing;
- The brand being multi-national
- The product’s global desirability & availability
- The interest of eminent international plastic surgeons in the brand and in joining the trend
- The product’s USPs
– in a way that had never been done by an implant manufacturer before. The campaign inspired competition between Plastic Surgeons, who sought to outdo each other at international conferences, and by generating content performing the ‘Impleo Twist’ in front of famous landmarks.
To see more content from The Impleo Twist campaign, click here
To contact Sophisticated Comms, click here